2017 Great Nevada Picture Hunt
2017 marks the 40th anniversary of our Great Nevada Picture Hunt (GNPH), and we couldn’t be more excited!
For 40 years, we’ve showcased the most beautiful images from around the Silver State, captured by local photographers. This year, we offer two different opportunities for showing off your photographic talents.
1. Submit up to 10 photos for the 2017 Great Nevada Picture Hunt photo contest with the theme of “Home Means Nevada.” Anything tasteful goes. Digitally altered images will also be accepted. What does Nevada mean to you? We want to see it in your photos!
2. All photos submitted will also be considered for inclusion in a
limited-edition “Home Means Nevada” poster.
Winning GNPH entries will be published in the September/October 2017 issue and on nevadamagazine.com. A limited-edition “Home Means Nevada” poster will be available for purchase in September 2017.
To view the winners of the 2016 Great Nevada Picture Hunt, click here.
Contests begin May 19, 2017. Deadline to enter is Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 5 p.m. Pacific time.
Limit of ten (10) photos per photographer.
Photos will not be considered unless you include your full name along with the location and detailed caption information for each submission.
Photos must have been taken in Nevada, in 2014 or later.
We prefer digital submissions. E-mail images to: Art Director Kippy Spilker at email@example.com with GNPH in the subject line. If you do not include this subject line, your photo(s) will not be entered into the contest. If necessary, mail CDs or slides to: Attn: Kippy Spilker/GNPH, Nevada Magazine, 401 N. Carson St., Carson City, NV 89701. Mail must be postmarked by deadline. If you have participated in this contest prior to this year, please note that we will no longer be using Flickr as a submission source.
Images should be no larger than 1152 pixels on the longest side. We will request high-res versions if necessary.
Photographers retain all copyright to their images. By submitting photography to this contest, you hereby agree that your images may be featured on nevadamagazine.com or outlets operated by its affiliates with appropriate photo credit. In addition, by submitting your photograph, you grant Nevada Magazine the right to publish, distribute, archive, and otherwise use the photograph in whole or in part in print, electronic, or any other medium and for promotional purposes related to Nevada Magazine and Nevada Magazine’s products, services, and issue overruns. Nevada Magazine is a division of the Nevada Division of Tourism & Cultural Affairs, which sometimes uses the magazine’s content.
We will keep all CDs and slides unless you tell us otherwise. You grant Nevada Magazine and Nevada Division of Tourism & Cultural Affairs permission to consider your images for future use.
“HOME MEANS NEVADA” POSTER PRIZES
Photographers whose work is chosen for the limited-edition poster will receive $50 per chosen image + 10 copies of the poster.
* Entry to the 2018 Eagles & Agriculture event in the Carson Valley, sponsored by the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce. Includes tours, Falconer’s Dinner and photography workshop, plus complimentary accommodations for two nights at the Carson Valley Inn.
* Entry to the 2018 Nevada Northern Railway Winter Steam Photo Shoot Spectacular. Includes complimentary accommodations for three nights at the Ramada Copper Queen in Ely.
* Entry to the 2018 Shooting the West Symposium in Winnemucca, a $145 value, with a $200 credit to attend workshop(s).
* Two $100 gift certificates to Nevada Fine Arts.
* Gift certificates to Gordon’s Photo Service.
*Home Means Nevada™ clothing and swag.