2020 Great Nevada Picture Hunt submissions
The Great Nevada Picture Hunt is now underway! Please read the NEW RULES before you submit, and good luck!
Submit your images at the bottom of this page. DO NOT EMAIL THEM AS IN YEARS PAST – THOSE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. The deadline to enter is Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 5 p.m. Pacific time. We recommend uploading files that are under 3 mb for greatest success.
Photographers over 18 may submit up to 14 images this year: two images for each category. Photographers under 18 may submit up to 2 images in the “under 18” category (or any other categories, if they would like to be judged against photographers over the age of 18).
3. Cities and Towns
4. Mobile Phone
7. Long Exposure
8. Photographers under 18 (any subject)
Submitters younger than 18 will need to also include signed permission from a parent or guardian. Download the permission slip pdf here and email it to email@example.com
• Minimal digital photo manipulation/alteration is accepted. *Please see below for an expanded description.
• Photos must have been taken in Nevada, in 2016 or later.
• Please do not watermark or indicate your name physically on your images. Doing so may disqualify your submission.
• Drone photos must have been taken while observing all state and FAA rules and regulations. If your drone photo is chosen as a winner, we will request proof of your (or your Remote Pilot-In-Command’s) part 107 certification.
• Photographers retain all copyright to their images. By submitting photography to this contest, you hereby agree that your images may be featured on nevadamagazine.com or outlets operated by its affiliates with appropriate photo credit. In addition, by submitting your photograph, you grant Nevada Magazine the right to publish, distribute, archive, and otherwise use the photograph in whole or in part in print, electronic, or any other medium and for promotional purposes related to Nevada Magazine and Nevada Magazine’s products, services, and issue overruns. Nevada Magazine is a division of the Nevada Division of Tourism & Cultural Affairs, which sometimes uses the magazine’s content.
• We prefer digital submissions. If necessary, mail CDs or thumb drives to: Attn: Kippy Spilker/GNPH, Nevada Magazine, 401 N. Carson St., Carson City, NV 89701. Mail must be postmarked by deadline.
• We will keep all CDs and thumb drives unless you tell us otherwise. You grant Nevada Magazine and Nevada Division of Tourism & Cultural Affairs permission to consider your images for future use.
* As Nevada Magazine is dedicated to promoting tourism in our state, it is our intention to represent the state as it actually looks. We prefer that digital editing be used to create the image you saw while you were taking the photo, and be limited to minimal amounts of: Burning, dodging, exposure and color adjustments, cropping, stitching (in the case of panoramas), and HDR processing. You may edit out sensor dust spots, but cloning should not be used to add, remove, replace or otherwise falsely represent any scene. Composite images are allowed, but must be comprised of photos taken at the same time (ie – don’t combine a photo taken at noon with a photo taken at sunset) for the purpose of exposure stacking. Please contact Art Director Kippy Spilker at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding your submissions.