Artown: Nevada Mustang Fine Art Show & Fundraiser
The inaugural Nevada Mustang Fine Art Show & Fundraiser Celebration is happening July 24-26 at the Wilbur D. May Museum at Rancho San Rafael Regional Park. The show features “everything “mustang,” according to creator Carol Nicholson. Local artists will include professional and amateur photographers, mixed media displays, education, movies, novels, themed music & entertainment, celebrities, poetry, jewelry, trainers, successful adoption stories, family fun interactive art projects & silent auction; benefiting Wynema Ranch Wild Horse Sanctuary—a private non-operating foundation and refuge for 120 Virginia Range mustangs rescued via Hidden Valley Wild Horse Protection Fund and home to four successfully adopted BLM mustangs.
Confirmed current artists:
- Nationally recognized photographer Diane McAllister, with local mustang photographers Diann Babel and Ellen Holcomb.
- Exclusive metal mustang sculptures by Robbie St.
- Pastel artist, Mary Dibble
- Terri Farley, Author and Honored by the Nevada Writers Hall of Fame
- Craig Downer, Wildlife Ecologist & Wild Horse advocate, accredited author
- Fred Boyce, legendary Nevada professional and distinguished oil painter of natural world beauty
- La Vonne La Tulip Vasick, specializing in Western Lifestyle Watercolor
- Paula Rie-Bonham, expressionist painter.
A VIP reception and tribute to Lacy J. Dalton—co-founder and executive director, Let ‘em Run Foundation, recording artist, singer/songwriter—will be held on Friday, July 24. Meet mustang friends and advocates while enjoying delicious appetizers and beverages with live entertainment. The reception is $25 per person for VIP reception/no-host bar and tribute on July 24 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Exhibit Admission: FREE for Nevada Mustang Fine Art Show & Exhibit. Visitors who donate $10 will receive a commemorative event gift bag.
Friday, July 24, 2015: Art Show & Exhibit – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday, July 25: Art Show & Exhibit – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, July 26: Art Show & Exhibit – 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, visit facebook.com/NevadaMustangFineArtShow