Celebrate the V&T’s 150th anniversary
This 4th of July weekend, come celebrate the 150th anniversary of the completion of Nevada’s famous Virginia & Truckee Railroad with an exciting pageant of steam locomotion, train rides, food, live entertainment, “lost art” demonstrations and more!
The Nevada State Railroad Museum Carson City has four days of rail fun for families and train enthusiasts. Ride behind visiting narrow- and standard-gauge steam locomotives, view historical vehicle and equipment displays, enjoy local food trucks, interact with handcraft vendors and more while celebrating this historic anniversary.
View the largest reunion of existing Virginia & Truckee locomotives assembled in more than 75 years, including the famous Reno, No. 11. There will be more than 10 operating steam locomotives representing six historic Nevada railroads, including:
- Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge No. 18, the “Slim Princess”
- Eureka & Palisade No. 4, Eureka
- Santa Cruz Portland Cement No 2, the Chiggen
- Bluestone Mining & Smelting Heisler No. 1
- Nevada County Narrow Gauge No. 5 (formerly Tahoe)Carson & Tahoe
- Carson & Tahoe Lumber & Fluming Co., Glenbrook
- Virginia & Truckee No. 22, Inyo
- Virginia & Truckee No. 25
- Cortez Mining Co. Anne Marie
Check out the full itinerary of events for July 1-4 at the Nevada State Railroad Museum Carson City’s Great Western Steam Up website.