Nevada Roadtrips atop WalletHub’s List of Best in US
WalletHub has discovered what every Nevada lover already knew; we rock when it comes to roadtrips.
The personal finance website WalletHub took a look at 2015’s Best & Worst States for Summer RoadTrips, and Nevada is (to them, anyway) the second best state for your summer car trip. While we know it’s really the very best, we’ll allow them and their 20 key metrics to give others some props, too.
WalletHub compared the 50 U.S. states to identify the states that offer frugally minded road travelers the most fun for the least cost. Their data set ranges from average gas prices to the quality of roads to the number of attractions. Here’s how Nevada stacked up:
Nevada as a Road-Trip Destination (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 3rd – Number of Attractions
- 7th – Lowest Price of Three-Star Hotel
- 1st – Number of Nightlife Options per 100,000 Residents
- 13th – Vehicle Miles Traveled per Capita
- 11th – Number of Scenic Byways
- 1st – Lowest Price of Camping
- 11th – Driving Laws Rating
- 26th – Number of Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles Traveled
For the full report, check out: http://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-states-for-summer-road-trips/4648/