The Silver State Scavenger Hunt Official Rules
The 6th Silver State Scavenger Hunt is now underway! Nevada is full of incredible structures built long ago, and now’s your chance to see some.
If you’ve not done the Hunt before, it’s easy! We split the state into two zones—Northern and Southern—with 14 historic buildings in each. Snap a photo of yourself holding the Summer 2022 issue of Nevada Magazine & Visitor Guide (NMVG) in at least 10 of the locations in either zone (or both…the more ground you cover, the luckier you are!) and submit them below.
WHAT TO DO
• Take and submit one clear photo at each location listed in Summer 2022 issue of NMVG. Be sure that photos give a clear shot of the participant, magazine, and destination. You must be holding a copy of the Summer 2022 issue.
• Follow Nevada Magazine on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on scavenger hunt happenings.
• Use #nvmaghunt on social media to keep your friends and NMVG updated throughout your adventures.
WHAT NOT TO DO
• Do not trespass, break any laws, vandalize, or break any rules to obtain your photo. Some destinations may be historic sites and must be respected.
• Do not do anything unsafe.
• Do not manipulate photos in any way.
• Photos should be between 1 and 3 megabytes. Larger images may fail to upload.
• Photos must be in JPEG format.
• The scavenger hunt officially begins May 1 at 8 a.m. and ends June 1 at 5 p.m. PST
• Photos must be received by NMVG on or before 5 p.m. on June 1.
• Participants must be United States residents age 21 and older with proper ID.
• Photos must contain a clear shot of participant’s face, the Summer issue of NMVG, and the destination. It is at the sole discretion of the NMVG staff to determine if a photo meets these requirements. Photos must be submitted below to be considered valid.
• By submitting photography, you hereby agree that your images may be featured on nevadamagazine.com, future issues of NMVG, or outlets operated by its affiliates.
• NMVG is neither liable nor responsible for any accident, injury, or death that may result from participation.
• Results will be published in the Fall 2022 issue of NMVG.
• Nevada Magazine and Travel Nevada staff and family members are not eligible.
• By participating or submitting any entry, you are agreeing that you have read, understand, and certify that you will comply with all Silver State Scavenger Hunt rules as explained above.
To receive a complimentary copy by mail, please send a letter requesting the Summer 2022 issue of NMVG to:
Attn: NVMAGHUNT Nevada Magazine 401 N. Carson St. Carson City, NV 89701
Alternate means of entry: Those wishing to take part in the scavenger hunt by alternate means may submit an approximately 250-word article on each of the destinations in either zone, telling us why the area is important to them. Articles must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1 at 5 p.m. in order to be considered valid. It is at the sole discretion of NMVG to determine the eligibility of submitted articles.
To receive periodic newsletters and alerts for contests like future Scavenger Hunts and the Great Nevada Picture Hunt, click HERE. We do not sell or share your information. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Please email email@example.com if you have submitted a photo in error.